**Please note - Verses in BLUE are hyperlinks and will take you to the reference.**
**If you've found us through twitter or on the web WELCOME! Please feel free to use all the materials but please note that the facebook links lead to a closed group. Feel free to answer in comments, if you'd like!**
1. Read Genesis 17:1-14
a. To whom did God appear and institute the covenant of circumcision?
b. What word did God use to describe this covenant?
c. What was circumcision a sign of?
d. Read Colossians 2:11. What is Paul saying to the believers in Colossae about circumcision? What kind of circumcision is Paul referring to there?
2. Read Ephesians 2:11-12
Paul mentions 2 groups here – Who was he referring to?
According to these verses, what previously separated Gentiles from God?
From our reading last week, what else separated them from God?
3. According to Ephesians 2:13 and Colossians 1:20, what brings us near to God?
For further thought: Do you think this is what initially brings us near or does this draw us ever nearer as we walk with Christ? In other words, when we “feel” far away from The Lord, what does the blood of Christ do at that point, after we’ve already professed faith in Him?
4. Read Micah Chapter 5:1-5 noting especially verse 5:5. This was a prophecy of a ruler of Israel that was to come. Who was this prophecy about?
Now, read Ephesians 2:14. What is the similarity between this and the Micah prophecy?
5. According to Ephesians 2:14-18, How did Christ set aside the law and what was His purpose in doing this?
6. Read Ephesians 2:19. How did the Gentiles benefit from this setting aside of the law?
7. According to Ephesians 3:6, what was the mystery that Paul was responsible for revealing?
8. Read Ephesians 3:7-11. Pay special attention to verse 10.
Put verse 10 into your own words. What is the purpose of the church?
9. Read Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 10:19, 1 John 2:28 and Ephesians 3:12.
What’s the message of these passages? How do we approach God?
10. In your own words, summarize the message of Ephesians 2:11-3:13